SPARC: Student Publicity and Activities Resource Center
Your one-stop-shop for all event planning, registration, and publicity needs!
Spring 2013 Office Hours (Campus Center, 218)
Monday: 10:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 12:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 am – 6:00 pm
Event Planning & Registration: SPARC Event Planning Interns will walk you through the entire event planning and registration process. In one sitting, this process takes about 20 minutes. Be sure to plan well in advance (at least 2 weeks before your event date, when possible) and allow enough time for the whole process. Come to the office prepared with as much of the following information as possible:
1) LOCATION – SPARC Interns will help you reserve various locations on campus (including SMOG, Manor, Kline, and more). Please come prepared with your top 3 choices of locations for your event.
2) EVENT HOST EXPECTATIONS – Every registered event needs at least 2 Event Hosts who cannot perform at the event (as DJ, in a band, etc). In many cases, both Event Hosts will need to sign paperwork related to your event. When possible, come to SPARC together to complete the process in one meeting.
3) SOUND NEEDS – Do you want music at your event? Need a microphone for a speaker? We will help you submit soundcrew requests, or figure out other sound solutions depending on the location and type of event.
4) OTHER A/V NEEDS – Want to screen a movie? Need to borrow a projector? We’ll help you navigate these details specific to your event as needed.
5) ROOM SET-UP – How many tables/chairs do you need for you event? Do you need a stage? Want to use a B&G grill for an outdoors event? We’ll help you with all of this…
6) FOOD/ALCOHOL – There are many different methods for getting events catered, and we’ll help you determine which is best for your event. Serving alcohol is also easier than most people think – just ask and we’ll explain the process to you!
7) EVENT REGISTRATION – The most important of all steps! This step ensures that your event is officially registered with the Office of Student Activities and Security. Events that are not registered properly WILL be shut down.
8) PUBLICITY – Want a catchy poster for your event? Need some creative ideas about how to publicize? Our Event Planning Interns will help you submit a poster request and walk you through your other publicity options to ensure that your event is well attended!
Poster Requests: Submit your own poster request using the form on this site. Please allow at least 10-days notice from when you want the poster. Follow-up with any questions or additional information by e-mailing SPARCpublicity@gmail.com. Poster designs are free, but you do need to pay for printing through Central Services – be sure to allocate club funds for publicity!
Club Websites: If you are interested in creating a new website for your club, simply e-mail SPARCpublicity@gmail.com to ask. Our Web Design Intern will get back to you about the details!