Transparency is one of our chief objectives. We want students, faculty, staff, and administrators to know what’s going on and to join the conversation. Meeting Minutes are from the weekly Central Assembly meetings and will be added to this slideshow periodically.

Central Assembly Meeting Minutes

’August’

Bard Student Government   

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline  

August 31st, 2015 student.bard.edu/bsg

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

John Ohrenberger, EPC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Carl Amritt, Treasurer

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

Student Leaders Present:

N/A

1) Meeting Called to Order

4:54

2) Speaker of the Student Body

  1. Meetings with Julie Silverstein, BSG Advisor
  2. Meetings with Bethany Nohlgren, Dean of Students
  3. Semi-Annual Board of Trustees Meetings [should it occur]
  • Matt Fallon, SJB Chair stepped down. Speaker and PRB Chair emailed those who were constitutionally eligible to run for chair. Newly-elected Chair should begin attending CA Meetings by next week.
  • Student leaders representing Bard Eats will attend next week’s meeting
  • Communications Committee (ComComm): New committee spearheaded by Secretary, will be co-chaired by Speaker and Secretary. Needs to be distinction between the roles of ComComm and the SLC off-campus rep. Needs established contact from Bard Administration


5) Communications from the Central Assembly Members

  1. Secretary of the Press

New legislation and previous meetings with the mayors in the local community provided the idea for this committee. Logistics are still being worked out, but the prospects and potential longevity are promising.

Need photos of everyone for the bulletin board.

Website will be revamped this month.

  1. Chair of the SLC

No report.

  1. Chair of the EPC

Pre-tenure and senior faculty testimony letters are due September 16. These are very important and impactful. If you find the time, please send one or more in.

  1. Chair of the MDC

New first-year spot in committee.

Unanimous vote in favor

  1. Fiscal Chair
  2. Treasurer
  • Budget Forum Sept.16 at 7pm. Need to find ways to make the event more exciting.
  • Club Fair is the same day taking place at 5pm
  • Food in the back of the location? BSG Tabling during Club Fair. Name Tags for CA

– We have the funds to put on four Community Dinners this semester.

  1. Chair of the PRB

Emergency elections for 1 spot in FiscComm and SJB Chair

Informal Retreat

  1. Chair of the SJB

N/A

6) Communications from Auxiliary and Ad-Hoc Committees

N/A

Minutes Submitted:

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

’September’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline  

September 7, 2015 

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

John Ohrenberger, EPC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Carl Amritt, Treasurer

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

Travis Brock Kennedy, SJB Chair

Student Leaders Present:

Amelia Goldstein, Bard Eats (5:30)

 

  • Meeting Called to Order

4:48

 

  • Speaker of the Student Body

Congratulations to Travis Brock Kennedy, new SJB Chair!

    1. Updates from weekly meeting with Julie Duffstein and Bethany Nohlgren

Future Plans, Student Leadership Forum

Alex Habiby: DTR Renovation- ordering system, new equipment, maximize space

Printers in North Campus- last year’s Senior Council purchased a printer

Lowering the laundry prices

Zev: Try to keep students on campus for partying and such. Not to encourage illegal drinking, but if students discretely package alcohol it will have less of a chance of being checked. In which case it says that you’re being smart and are in control of your body. We have a preference to having students stay on campus, to make sure that they are behaving safely, and that Bard isn’t seen as a nuisance in the local community. However, Bard cannot legally provide drug kits. Using the unofficial drug booklet created by Jess Lambert recently will be helpful.

    1. Student Leadership Forum

Would like to have this happen toward the end of the month. Separate from the CA meetings- Bard Eats Forum.

Eva-Marie: each speaker should submit a proposal to be reviewed prior to assembly

Carl: Using specificity of General Assemblies to draw in larger crowds. Utilize themes along with General Assemblies.

-Having BSG connect with these different groups

EM: Ad Hoc Committees, have a CA meeting where they are invited to discuss with us once a month. John- We should compile a list of who to contact

1. Communications and Outreach information

7:00PM with Kai about revamping BSG website. BSG app?

2. Budget forum conversation continued

Past new ideas are infeasible

  • Communications from the Central Assembly Members
  • Secretary of the Press- update from friday meeting and Joy, SLD, and sanitation. Send email about bulletin board pictures.  

Zev- New brochures to come, Promo Video Script to be finalized by the end of the week.

  • Chair of the SLC

We’re under review for accreditation. As far as Central Assembly is concerned, the Chairs of SLC and EPC are the only students concerned.

  • Chair of the EPC

New members meeting tonight to evaluate pre-tenure evaluations.

  • Chair of the MDC – No Report.
  • Fiscal Chair

Business cards for Central Assembly members

  • Treasurer

Questions directed to Speak and Secretary

Open Voting Policy. Bills of Service proposed by Habiby- should be considered.

Habiby: Advocate issues effectively in order to gain support for issues. Provide awareness of issues of students and define to Bard students, the role of not only SLC, but all committees.

Amritt: Bill of Service per committee?

Habiby- each committee creates their own content

  • Chair of the PRB

Apps for PRB and SJB are closed. PRB Boards to begin this Friday. Conduct retreat on Sunday. Electing Student Advocate and Vice Chair.

  • Chair of the SJB

No report.

  • Bard EATS introduction
  • Amelia and Katrina join us at 5:30 PM

Bard Eats is a committee of students and faculty in order to fulfill the Real Food Challenge commitment Bard agreed to. We are responsible for voicing it, evolving it, and maintaining it. What food do we purchase? What goes on at Kline and/or DTR? As is, it i lamentably being used as a platform for Chartwells to claim that it is popular etc. There is an overwhelming need for participation in Bard Eats. An idea for this is to make this a branch of Student Government. Bard Food Initiative doesn’t exist anymore. In meetings, we have many, many staff members there, but that does not include students. Even affiliation with BSG would be great. Aiming to have an equal amount of students-staff at these meetings. So this is essentially a student, food council. An ideal committee would be fourteen students and would meet every other week. Katrina Light is the only full-time position that directly addresses these matters. Currently, there is a focus on product shifts.

Ohrenberger: There needs to be a chair elected before the rest of the committee members are elected.

Amritt: Sustainability Council.

Bard Eats and BOS are not by any means inextricable. Meetings are at 11-12pm starting September 21, 2015.

  • Adjournment

6:07

’September’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline

September 14, 2015

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

John Ohrenberger, EPC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Carl Amritt, Treasurer

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

 

 

  • Meeting Called to Order

 


4:55

 

 

  • Speaker of the Student Body  

 

    1. Updates from weekly meeting with Julie Duffstein and Bethany Nohlgren
  • Talked about Smog. Last year, there were rumors Smog would be taken down, but that won’t happen. Bump and Music-affiliated clubs and Deans see the current location of Smog as a liability. Imperils condition of baseball field, not a good location for winter. We want to increase on-campus presence. There was a $50,000 grant.
  • Habiby: Before Smog was built, a Senior class raised about $75,000 and now there’s about $50,000 left for an event space.
  • Fogelman: Estimated cost of a new building is $250,000- projected date is summer 2017.
  • Quinones: Concern: Creating a new Smog an entertainment-based environment as opposed to less partying and more action toward longer library hours and more ways to cultivate a more academic learning environment.
  • Fogelman: One of these clubs could bring this up as an amendment. Another idea that came up was using the unused allotted money to eventually put towards the new Smog fund. We’ll discuss more of this later.
  • Amritt: We should have an exploratory committee to get an idea of the pulse of this on campus.

2. Budget forum! (woop woop)

–  Sending an email out this evening that will include the opening seats.

3. Open Committee Positions/our very own slideshow

  • (List of seats open in all the committees, Community Dinners, SRIC [4 seats], Bard Sustainability Council, EMS Council, Bard Eats [auxillary])
  • Introduction of committee chair, description of committee(s) and positions, amendments, elections [announcing candidacy], friendly amendments, hostile amendments, ratify budget. Hopefully done by 9pm

Quinones: Submitting an amendment regarding ad hoc & auxiliary committees.

4. Club Head Community Dinner things!

  • Meeting with Alan of Chartwells tomorrow about food, etc.
  • Quinones: Club heads to get together to network, co-sponsor, and collaborate. We have many clubs that are similar.
  • Fogelman: This will most likely happen September 22. Caleb Cumberland will remain Chair, and will be seeking a new Co-Chair

 

  • Communications from the Central Assembly Members  
  • Secretary of the Press

 

– Speaking at Red Hook Board of Trustees meeting today to discuss my project with the the Village officials. In sum, the speech is going to explain the collaborative roles between BSG, more specifically, ComComm and the Mayor’s office. As well as the ways in which we can continue having these community conversations on what’s going well, what isn’t going well, things we want to do and more importantly, how we can reach these conclusions together. The current items we have been discussing and will continue discussing are student attendance to local events, other ways of encouraging students to feel more invested in the community, and mandating a forum for new off-campus students in the Spring semester.

-Created a quick and simple print-out for Budget Forum. Since there are already a few emails to undergrad about the event and Club Fair, I’m deliberately backing off so the publicity doesn’t become annoying.

-Been updating the Website and the FB Page, but it will take me longer than expected to have them at the level they should be at. So far, the content is looking good, but I still need more bios, photos, committee descriptions and office hours. I have submitted the meeting minutes of the meetings we’ve had so far.

-Bulletin Board: Since I don’t have all of this information, I’m hesitant to put up the bits and pieces I have on the bulletin board. But the board will have virtually the same content that is on the website and FB. I need plastic sheets for the content- first-years draw mustaches on everything.

 

  • Chair of the SLC

 

-Doing good. Still don’t have a committee yet. Working on Smog more. Rosa of Title IX wants to use $1,500 of the student PRoject Fund to use for another worker for bystander Intervention.

Amritt: Kolrick Greathouse is certified in this, but since the school didn’t receive the grant for this, it isn’t continuing.

Habiby: Working with Chaz on DTR, meeting B&G with lowering laundry price, hassling Student Activities and Senior Student Council about printer on north campus

 

  • Chair of the EPC

 

-Meeting with Susan Merriam. The dean of the College is collaborating on a speaker series on the Asymmetries of Power. The EPC will be reaching out to clubs about identity and academics to allocate funding for this speaking series. If all goes well, it will become an institutional tradition. An institutional framing question for the entire college for a year or two year stand to propose it to the faculty committees.

– Middle States Evaluations: Academics, Student Life (MEriam will ask me to nominate students).

 

  • Chair of the MDC

-Getting the Sawkill space painted. The problem, however trivial, is that we don’t have a vehicle to access the paint. Discussion over decorating the space further.

 

Amritt: Have art clubs decorate and they can put some of their funding towards Sawkill’s beautification.

Katz: Announce at Budget Forum

Beachem: Can we do advertising: Student is planning on emailing students survey for senior project and then doing a documentary, hopefully a screening. They reached out to me to ask if BSG can help.

TBK: Email Annie Seaton for Difference in MEdia PRoject Funding

 

  • Fiscal Chair

 

-This week we finished the budget faster than ever, 149 clubs, clubs are for the most part very happy with their funding, created the first budget, after ratification, we can monitor, handle emergency funds and transfers. $10,500

– In the future, a club sport cannot get money from the convocation fund because they receive funding from the athletics department

 

  • Treasurer

-Freedom Walls: SEAP will be taking over the Freedom Walls, moving HudCat’s Freedom Wall.

 

 

  • Chair of the PRB

-PRB is in full swing.

 

 

  • Chair of the SJB

 

-Extended a position to a student, so now I’m short one person. We have two cases to be completed on Friday.

 

 

  • Adjournment
  • 5:47

 

 

Minutes Submitted:

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

’September’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline

September 21, 2015

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

John Ohrenberger, EPC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

 

  • Meeting Called to Order
    -4:50

 

  • Speaker of the Student Body

 

    1. Updates from weekly meeting with Julie Duffstein and Bethany Nohlgren

-Campus Safety Committee begins meeting November 12, March 10 (9:30-11) If anyone is interested in participating, contact me or Alex. Discuss security concerns, etc. with Ken Cooper.

2. Updates re: BRAVE related/student issues

-Friend on BRAVE mentioned that currently, if a student is sexually assaulted and wants a rape-kit, they must go to Vassar Brothers. Vassar Brothers lost their license which means that now students must travel over an hour to get a rape-kit done. I’m awaiting more details and I will bring this up once I have these details at our next meeting.

Katz: We cannot have sane or insane nurses hired through the college because it is a conflict of interest. We don’t have any say over what or what don’t Vassar Brothers engage in; we don’t have much power in this situation.

3. TBA

-Retreat should happen sometime  during this semester.

Beachem: We should start planning and pricing now so that we don’t fall behind.

Fogelman: It is mandated that we have a retreat, but we can determine what exactly happens during it.

TBK: After Oct.3, but before Dec.1, works best for me

 

  • Communications from the Central Assembly Members

  • Secretary of the Press

 

-Communication with RH Deputy Mayor.

I’m helping Brent Kovalchik secure volunteers for a fall tree-planting event in Red Hook. So far, I’ve reached out to Laurie Husted who runs the Office of Sustainability and Siira over at the CCE. If any of you know of some environmentally-minded students who have availability, I’d love to get pointed in their direction. The tree-planting will take place near the municipal lot on either the morning of Halloween or November 7th.

-ComComm Applications

Zev and I have received some applications for our committee. We will select members before our next Central Assembly meeting.

-Social Media

Website still isn’t precisely what I wanted, but with some work it’ll be better. The BSG FB page is shaping up quite nicely and has been pretty popular so far.

 

  • Chair of the SLC

 

-Not much of an update now, but my committee is a real thing now. Our first meeting with be Sunday at 1pm. We’re going to talk about sending out surveys and discussing prospects about the Student Project Fund. Personally, I want a sidewalk by Robbins.

Beachem: Lighting. There are spots of darkness all throughout the campus, especially around the Village.

Quinones: Should think about creating more durable, permanent versions of those stick-in-the-ground lights.

Habiby: Meeting with Chaz soon to talk about DTR.

 

  • Chair of the EPC

 

-Passing in the Pre-tenure reports, two new committee members, meeting next week to discuss policies.

 

  • Chair of the MDC

 

-Julie emailed me about a proposal for the Multicultural Lounge in Sawkill. The people that do do this will be compensated. MDC is having its first meeting tomorrow morning at 9am. One new committee member.

 

  • Fiscal Chair

 

-We’ve undergone some restructuring lately. The Assistant Treasurer will serve as the interim Treasurer for now. She’s retaining the title so we retain her voting power. We have a new member who will not receive voting power until the Spring semester. We have deliberated on e-fund requests etc.

 

  • Chair of the PRB

 

-We’re having boards. Very great response to the Bard EATS committee. And the elections were very close.

 

  • Chair of the SJB

 

-SJB has been going swimmingly- justice was served. Our boards were colourful, but, as you all know, I can’t say more. Still short a member, but after interfacing with the Director of Reslife, we have decided to hold off appointing until the end of the term.

 

  • General & New Business

 

  • Community Dinner Tomorrow for Club Heads

 

-Focused around leadership and collaboration.

Quinones: We should get nametags where students should include names and club represented.

Ohrenberger: There should be a conceptual question to stimulate an interesting, engaging conversation among the club heads tomorrow evening.

Beachem: Push for the goal of having at least one or two clubs that they can collaborate with.

Quinones: Club Heads should provide feedback for FiscComm, so that we can figure out a way in which we can serve them better. For instance, the online check-in on Club Head Day was extremely well-received and decreases time.

 

  • Adjournment

 

-5:30

 

Minutes Submitted:

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

’September’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline

September 28, 2015

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

John Ohrenberger, EPC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones, Fiscal Chair

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

Travis Brock Kennedy, SJB Chair

 

 

  • Meeting Called to Order
    -4:51

 

 

 

  • Speaker of the Student Body

 

    1. Updates from weekly meeting with Julie Duffstein and Bethany Nohlgren

-Bethany wasn’t there, she had a prior obligation. We discussed the Title IX/BRAVE item we talked about at our CA meeting last week. Julie mentioned to me that there are nearby hospitals with the capability to conduct rape kits.. The problem with the Kingston Hospital, for instance, is that that this particular department of the hospital is not handicap-accessible.

 

2. Meeting with Jim

-Myself, Alex, EntComm, and Julie conversed about holding another place on campus where students can go express themselves in a more ideal location. Jim gave us his blessing, now we’re going to be meeting with the development department.

 

3. General Assembly

-Sending out a doodle poll with the upcoming dates.

  • Communications from the Central Assembly Members
  • Secretary of the Press

 

-Created agenda items for first ComComm meeting and figuring out how to operate on the twofold procedures. By twofold I’m referring to the constitutional obligations and the ad hoc responsibilities of the committee. The former is a focus on on-campus communications whereas the latter is a focus on off-campus communications. Also, we’ll discuss creating pamphlets, trying to beautify the website, how we can play a role in the Respectful Smoking Campaign, biweekly emails to student leaders (chairs of ad hoc/auxiliary committees), administrators to develop a particularly good relationship with, creating the mandatory forum for off-campus students, the monthly newsletter, Red Hook Together, the Red Hook Board of Trustees meetings, finding community projects, and what the obvious and more latent purposes of doing these things are. 

-Will be out of town through Friday for a debate tournament.

 

 

  • Chair of the SLC

 

-The entire committee met for the first time. Slowly building interest in staying on the committee. I want to get people excited for this committee. I have delegated independent projects: increase Wifi speed, rocky parking lots, getting better meal swaps, Registration Process (talk to John), more consistent shuttle times for Tivoli. We’re going to be working on the “What’s Your Beef?” survey. We’re going to be working on these slowly week-by-week.

Beachem: We should continue to work on more lighting projects

Quinones: One concern- a couple students mentioned that they want to be able to submit their own ideas for project proposals for the Student Project Fund.

 

 

  • Chair of the EPC

 

-We are hoping to meet later this week. We have talked a lot individually about ideas. I’m interested to hear what the SLC member has to say, what their idea. Hasani and I had worked on it together last year through Susan Merriam and they were not very amenable. Students have consistently brought up this problem before, essentially since computers have been created.

Quinones: In the vUNC system, classes are ranked by student preference

Ohrenberger: The status quo is normatively tailored. It doesn’t work well for many students. The reason why it isn’t done electronically, is because doing so would require completely new coding, the Registrar is opposed to going electronic.

Fogelman: If outside sources like PCs have to be involved with the process, that is indicative of the underlying issues of the process.

 

 

  • Chair of the MDC

 

-We’re good. We have a meeting tomorrow morning, wherein we will seelt our design proposal for the Sawkill space. Afterwards we’ll discuss with the artist. Working on an event centered around race, we’re trying to see how we can get greter involvement with the Race Monologues.

 

 

  • Fiscal Chair

 

-We keep deliberating on e-fund requests. We’ve gone through significant staff changes. Besides that, everything is going well- emergency funds are going out.

 

 

  • Chair of the PRB

 

-We’re having boards. I met with the Vice Chair before this meeting to discuss about the role of the Vice Chair. We are gauging as to whether or not folks want to form a subcommittee so that we can balance confidentiality and transparency. We want to make the PRB and SJB less mysterious. Thinking about ConCourt and Maxian items in the context of election dates. By November, I need to be able to train the succeeding Chair.

 

 

  • Chair of the SJB

 

-All is clear with SJB. I sent out the schedule recently. I’m very excited by Jasper’s idea and would like to get involved. The beginning of boards necessarily entails the board itself, in a sense, establishing a report.

 

 

  • General & New Business
  • New and up-and-coming things!

 

-Fogelman: Should we get rid of the couch outside of the office or get a white noise machine? For SJB and PRB, discussions held in the office are required to be confidential and as of now, we can’t be to sure if the conversations are private. The BSG office is not exactly soundproof, so I think getting something that may cancel or obscure the noise would be beneficial.

 

 

  • Adjournment

 

-5:32

 

’October’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline

October 5, 2015

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Gianna Fenaroli, Treasurer

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

 

 

  • Meeting Called to Order

– 5:01

 

  • Speaker of the Student Body

 

    1. Updates from weekly meeting with Julie Duffstein and Bethany Nohlgren
  • Montgomery Place: No classes will take place there, but some offices will be transferred to that new location. Currently, there is no transportation from the campus. They are considering creating a physical bridge connecting Bard and Montgomery Place. The Board of Trustees paid for the acquisition in full, which is to say that no budgets are being cut and tuition won’t raise as a consequence; no student money was used in the transaction.

2. Community Dinner (bystander intervention)

  • Oct. 14, 7PM in the FDR. Led by Rosa Schwartzberg and Bella Mazetti.

3. TBA

  • Katz: EPC Chair resigned. Ariella Kust is the only one constitutionally eligible and she is interested in the position. However, she’s not available for the meetings. Potentially, she could simply send a member to the weekly CA meetings. Or we can find a completely new meeting time. I’m going to send out an email to undergrad to keep them aware. I will also send out a Doodle Poll of new meeting times for our weekly meetings.

 

  • Communications from the Central Assembly Members
  • Secretary of the Press

 

Nothing substantive to report.

 

  • Chair of the SLC

 

Committee members will be working on independent projects.

 

  • Chair of the MDC

Moving steady. We chose an artist and a design for the Sawkill Coffeehouse space. We’re planning our retreat and our MDC Mondays.

 

 

  • Fiscal Chair

 

Met with Julie. We discussed Fall Fest. Essentially, it’s becoming another Spring Fling. They’re spending $15,000 on music. 9:30-11pm event, “Fall Back event.” On Halloween weekend. The students putting it on are opposed to allowing Springfling Committee to be a part of it. The fact that students don’t vote on it, and that it is allocating money from the convocation fund (which we all contribute to) is something we don’t support. If student money is being used, they should have a voice in the decision-making process. We will continue this conversation on the fiscal side. Committee members are very good, but struggling with the 72-hour response window. 

 

  • Treasurer

 

The same club-heads cannot do their check requests correctly. 

 

  • Chair of the PRB

 

No updates. Trying to create subcommittee (as I discussed earlier) for publicity still.

 

 

  • General & New Business

 

General Assembly will be on Tuesday, October 27. We need to discuss a theme at our next meeting.

 

 

  • Adjournment

5:38

 

 

’October’

Bard Student Government 

Non nobis, sed omnibus

Not for one, but for all

College Room, Kline

October 20, 2015

  centass@bard.edu

Meeting Minutes

Central Assembly Members Present:

Zev Fogelman, Speaker

Hasani Gunn, Secretary of Press

Alex Habiby, SLC Chair

JaQuan Beachem, MDC Chair

Ariella Kust, EPC Chair

Eva-Marie Quiñones,Fiscal Chair

Gianna Fenaroli, Treasurer

Jasper Katz, PRB Chair

Travis Brock Kennedy, SJB Chair

 

1. Meeting Called to Order

  • 6:34
  1. Speaker of the Student Body

 

General Assembly Agenda Discussion

Ideas

 

Gunn: Respectful Smoking Campaign, SLD Campaign, BardEATS highlight

Quinones: (1) Dialogue about suggested projects- SLC (2) FallFest Discussion (refer to prior minutes for context) — Support for Respectful Smoking Campaign

Kust: Green Dot?

Quinones: Amendment- Reproposing the mandatory monthly update for auxiliary/ ad hoc committee

 

Finalizing

 

  • Respectful Smoking Campaign or SLD Campaign & SLC Survey
  • Quinones: Attitudes towards smoking on campus, smoker and non-smokers’ rights

 

 

Updates re: SMOG discussion

 

  • Figuring out SMOG location. Good discussion with development. Projected date is Summer 2017. Can’t reach out to donors until the location is selected. Approaching ten year anniversary of SMOG. BardLaunch is coming up.

 

 

Quick note about this semester’s retreat!

 

  • Discussion about holding it mid-November

 

 

A possible plan for our next meeting.

 

  • Bethany suggested that we pair up and go around campus and introduce ourselves and titles. Next, we would reach out to ask about specific grievances to see what we can do to actually help.
  • Gunn: How does this differ from tabling?
  • Quinones: If we do this at eating areas, then we are excluding students who live off campus
  • Fenaroli: I don’t think that would be the best approach for Bard students.
  • Katz: How are we going to get anything different from this than the information we get from “What’s Your Beef?” survey
  • Quinones: Those who respond to the survey are the ones that are more active- there’s a clear response bias
  • Kust: There would need to be coordination, otherwise we could conceivably have all CA members at one table.
  • Fogelman: Compiling the questions and responses to reach out afterwards.
  • Katz: How are we recording it? Is there a system for this?
  • TBK: If the heart of this action is to be there with our fellow students, taking notes takes away from the activity.

 

Communications from the Central Assembly Members

Secretary of the Press

 

  • Sharing meeting minutes and redaction of confidential information discussion. If information provided in Meeting Minutes is confidential, explicitly say so, so it doesn’t go on record. Otherwise, I provide a five day window to remove what is confidential (at the time you may not realize it is) prior to  submitting the minutes. Besides that, I’m hoping to start projects in Communications Committee after midterms are over for everyone.

 

 

Chair of the SLC

 

  • Redacted.

 

 

Chair of the EPC

 

  • Tenure reports.

 

 

Chair of the MDC

 

  • Had the MDC Tuesday event and it went well.

 

 

Chair of the PRB

 

  • We are having boards.

Chair of the SJB

 

  • Redacted.

 

Adjournment

  • 7:27